Wednesday, July 8, 2009

and the hole just grows

The death of my aunt is much more complicated than it might seem. It has tapped into all kinds of political issues, from city regulations to immigration. The news report can be found here.

In the meantime, I found the full quote from Harriet the Spy mentioned in my previous post.


Everything’s the same as when Golly was here.

It looks the same...

it smells the same...

but there’s this tiny hole inside me that wasn’t there before.

It’s like...

like a splinter in your finger...

only this one’s right above my stomach.



I love how she describes it as a splinter right above her stomach. It seems to me that's just about right.

There's also a poem I wrote way back when, probably six or more years ago, that keeps popping into my head. Will try and dig it out this afternoon. Until then, then.....