Sunday, October 11, 2009

last taste of summer

Last week, at the suggestion of my lovely friend Laura V., we spent the day in Friedrichshagen and Koepenick on the Mueggelsee.

I met Laura in 2004 when I was living in Tuebingen (I actually lived with her family for a short time). She is one of the kindest, most genuine people I've ever met, and she happens to be studying law in Berlin at the moment. It's amazing to have a good friend so close. We went to her place in Kreuzberg for brunch today, and it was as cozy and chaotic as ever - exactly the things I love about her.

There are very few people in my life that have ever been in the running for kindred spirit (much as I may have wished otherwise, especially in my early teens), but Laura would certainly be one of them. I'm completely blessed to know her.

The palace at Koepnick

With another Laura - my flatmate and fellow teacher from the States

Palace entrance

Laura V. (right) and her flatmate Katharina