Saturday, September 22, 2012

gilded

Today has been perfect September weather -- crisp air and blue skies, made even better by the scent of burning leaves drifting over from the neighbors and a pumpkin spice candle I've been burning nonstop since waking up. 


I liked the way the afternoon sun was setting on the back of this guy, one of two "bronzed beetle" knobs I got on clearance at Anthro a few weeks ago (while on my lunch break -- oh the joys of an hour-long lunch break in the city!). They live on the doors of our TV cabinet now, and I love them.

It's the little things, right? For me it always has been. Today it's been staying cozied up under my covers in the chilly morning hours, with no impetus to leave before I was ready; lavender-scented laundry detergent and baskets full of clean, fresh clothes; organizing bits and pieces around our home while listening to the radio; and looking forward to church, yoga, and a mini-excursion tomorrow.

Abu Dhabi has nothing on this place. I am becoming myself again. x