Wednesday, December 26, 2012

post-holiday reflections



Thinking a lot about the words above today. We had a great holiday, but for the first time I can remember, I'm actually enjoying the quiet "after" more than Christmas itself. Trying to craft a space of reflection and solitude as we approach the coming year. I've had a strong sense of big changes ahead of us for awhile now, and I guess I'm trying to work my way into a place where they are possible.

Does that make any sense?

Lying here on my stomach typing, cat asleep on my back, Avett Brothers playing and candle burning in the background, it seems like I'm off to a decent start. But what is the beginning when all that exists is the present? Life and the Paradox of Being . . . so it goes.

Winter, you suit me just fine. Especially since I know spring always comes again.


--
Image via; text added by me, first found here.