Thursday, August 16, 2007

anticipation has a habit to set you up...

Four. More. Days. (!)

Less, actually -- come this time Monday, I'll be on an overnight flight to London. Well, hopefully, provided there aren't any delays/other major disasters.

I'm ready to just BE THERE -- no airports or airplanes, no packing left to do or goodbyes left to say. Practically speaking, I'm not ready. I have laundry to do, for one thing. There's money to transfer, traveler's cheques to sign, forms to fill out, gifts to buy. But still, inside, I am so READY. I want everything I "have" to do to be over, out of the way. And no more of these crazy dreams waking me up in the middle of the night, either. It's all airports and Germany these days (er, make that nights). Course, right before I went to Germany, I kept dreaming I was pregnant via immaculate conception, so perhaps this is an improvement.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. And soon enough, I'll be writing about my weekend trip here -- an actual African experience instead of the anticipation of one (of many, in fact!) :)