Wednesday, February 13, 2013

i need a redo

So, what do you think of my little redesign? Andy says it's his favorite one yet. I've just been craving simplicity and plenty of white space lately (both in terms of design and metaphorically), and this is a start. I'd love to do more (add tabs, unify the entire look of my blog, etc), but I just can't bring myself to get rid of the "Book Bar." It's a pain to update and it doesn't exactly draw a crowd, but creating the rollovers marked my first (and, um, only) bit of CSS. I did each illustration on my now-trusty old Macbook Pro (brand new at the time), using Skitch with nothing but my index finger. And gosh darn it, I'm proud of them! So, since I am more sentimental nut than cool designer, the Book Bar remains. Rarely updated, almost never visited, but with sweet rollovers nonetheless. Maybe in the future I'll have a design-y professional blog, but ya know what? This ain't it.

It's been a rough week at work. Why, you ask? Think of something especially pervasive in elementary school classrooms that spreads like wildfire. Then imagine a preschool with daily naps, where children lie close to the ground, near one another, and often head-to-head with teachers helping settle them to sleep. Yeah. That. THAT, gosh darn it! Yuck and ughhhhh. What a way to officially start my Lenten sacrifice. Though I fully admit to drinking champagne anyway ;)

I suppose saying "Happy Ash Wednesday" would be insulting/an oxy moron, and this most definitely has not been what I'd describe as "happy" by any stretch. At the very least, I hope your hump day was better than mine. So cheers, and thank God for tomorrows and trying again!


Pink Pearl Eraser Print by Kelly Lasserre, available on Etsy