Friday, May 3, 2013

hiatus

Or rather, why I've (accidentally) been on one.

And the reason is this:


A little start-of-March surprise that has since led to this:


And, most recently, this:


Of course, that last one was after a big meal of my number one craving (veggie subs from Jimmy John's) and GALLONS of iced tea (never before in my life have I wanted anything "iced," and now I can't get enough of the stuff).

I am 14 weeks 3 days today.

What a crazy little unexpected miracle, eh? Lucky for us, it's dang near impossible to see this as anything but an all-out blessing. Even though I've been sick as a dog (HOLY HELL. No one tells you that part. Or at least, no one really told me. Or maybe they did, and I never processed just what it meant. But man, it's been hideous. Hence the radio silence around here!), I find myself thanking the universe every day, sometimes every hour. 

So, shaken, happy, and grateful (but ultimately no worse for the wear), I've finally made my way back. Here goes . . . . x