Friday, May 9, 2014

long week


This week has not been easy. Andy was away Monday through Thursday, so my only real "break" was going to work. (Which, when surrounded by people and busyness and too long to-do lists, doesn't actually count.) Thankfully my mom stuck around for a bit Wednesday night, and I think it was a relief for both Caleb and me (see photo above). We ordered take out and split baby duty until he went to bed.

I'm taking it easy today, physically speaking--I was in bed 'til noon with a migraine and now am sipping tea, trying to focus on my breath (Caleb is at my mother-in-law's). It's harder to get my mind under control. I'm extremely skilled at beating myself up internally. I've had a lot of practice, and it's a tough habit to break. 

For anyone else experiencing something similar, this article helped a lot.