Wednesday, April 30, 2014

good vibrations

Well, it's official: I'll be leaving my job at the end of June. Part of me is sad to say goodbye, but the kiddos I've been with for two years will all be heading off to Kindergarten in the fall, so in that sense the timing is good. And I absolutely can't WAIT to have summer with my baby! :) :) :) In addition to spending lots of time outdoors (so excited for farmers' markets, hikes, and the beach with Caleb in tow!), I have a handful of projects I'd like to tackle. First on the list is giving our worn out wooden dining chairs new life with a coat of paint.


I'm leaning towards this bright "Tanager Red" from the West Elm for Sherwin Williams line (the swatch I found online looks kinda dingy, but look how that table from House of Earnest vibrates! I love it.). This new IKEA fabric also has a relaxed, summery vibe (it's actually vintage-looking botanical/insect prints); I'd like to make some cushions out of it.

The dining chairs in question are in storage at the moment--we packed them up to make way for my art area when Caleb came along. They belonged to my grandma, and I was initially thinking I'd just sell them when we move in August. Guess we'll see if a little tanager does the trick first ;)

I feel like there are lots of good things coming our way . . . Fingers crossed and full steam ahead! x