Thursday, April 17, 2014

pause.

Breaking in my new summer sandals (seen here). Indoors, as they happened to arrive the same day as a snowstorm. ENOUGH ALREADY, WINTER! I am so very over you.

Took another "mama pause" yesterday with a massage and manicure, followed by a trip to the bookstore. It's been a while since I've been able to just wander up and down the aisles, seeing what piques my interest. I ended up coming home with two books, thanks to a gift card from a student. It's my spring break, and I have loved waking up and hanging out with my baby each morning. Still, stepping away is such a treat, and I KNOW it makes me a better parent. 

Tomorrow Caleb will head to my mother-in-law's house, as he does every Friday, only this time I will be home. I have big plans to clean the apartment and finish some sewing projects. It breaks my heart just a tiny bit that I'll be home without him. But when he returns it will be to a refreshed mama, ready to snuggle him all weekend long. Ohhh, Cabey Baby, I love you, I do!