Saturday, April 28, 2012

gifts for little ones (boys & tomboys)

My family is experiencing a bit of a wedding-and-baby-boom these days. I have a pretty big extended family (my mom was one of eight, and my dad has five siblings), and it's so much fun to watch the next generation grow. Last week we welcomed baby Sam to the family, and over the coming months we'll be celebrating a first communion alongside first, second, and third birthdays! I thought it'd be fun to share a few of the gifts I'd love to give the little ones in my life.


Clockwise from top left: Bold striped tee from Crewcuts (also digging this Out of Print graphic tee) | Slippers that remind me of a beloved children's story (via)| Classic lit board books (via) | Reproduction Wedgewood dishes (via) | Beautiful, clever wooden blocks |

Granted, there's a pretty heavy male influence here, but it makes sense given that our three most recent additions have been boys. (This includes my adorable godson, who is bound to be getting at least one of the above for his second birthday this June.)

I have a couple more items at the ready, but I don't want to reveal them just yet ;)