Monday, June 25, 2012

a little revelation

Today I had an interview about growing up "Gifted."

It was awesome.

I've never said it out loud to anyone before: "I'm Gifted."

It's not the sort of thing you're supposed to admit. Because you set yourself up for judgement. For failure and criticism. It isn't PC to walk around telling folks you're "gifted." And there isn't a better label for just what you are, nor do most people understand what the label actually means. In the end, it's not boastful or prideful; it's shameful.

But saying it out loud, talking about it for the first time, well, ever? It was so incredibly satisfying. I could physically feel my shoulders loosen and my chest open up.

A short time after the interview was over, I found myself thinking a pretty radical thought:

There is nothing wrong with you.

Say WHAT?!? And now I find myself wondering: What would life look like if I chose to believe that? (Judging from how I feel right now, pretty dang good. Pretty. Dang. Good.)

Image via

Cheers x