Saturday, June 9, 2012

rose-colored (nerd) glasses

The thing I'm most excited for this summer?

Ooh! I know, I know! And the answer is . . . 





Prepping for next school year!

(In between days by the pool, of course ;) )

I've always had the nerd gene, but it appears I have the teacher-nerd gene as well. After a couple days of do-nothing freedom (and I mean the weekend, as school is actually still in session for a couple more weeks here . . . but half the class has stopped coming . . . and I've finished all my reports . . .), I've been researching classroom layouts, center activities, conscious discipline, and more, dreaming up themes and schemes for the year ahead.  (And by "researching," I mean Googling blogs and pinning like a fiend.)

Normally I don't like to own up to my preschool teacher identity, because I don't like the stereotypes so often associated with it. But the truth is, I've had one of the BEST years. One of the hardest, most amazing, most spectacular years of my LIFE. I'm not sure I've ever bonded as much with 22 little people as I have with this group of kids. They have been the light of my life most days, and I'm so very thankful for each and every one of them. Our classroom became its own magical world. It will be hard to leave the safety and warmth of that place.



PS - For any other teacher-nerds out there, the All-in-One Organizers from Thirty-One (my cousin sells their products) have been my life-saver this year. They are the perfect size for file folders, hold a TON, and make it so easy to transport stuff any which way you like. Excellent for a teacher like me with no desk and limited shelf space. I know I sound like an ad/mom/dork, but I really do love and use these daily. And no, my cousin doesn't know I'm giving her a shout out ;)