Friday, March 30, 2012

tied up with string: all dolled up

Today I'm sharing some of my favorite beauty products, many of which have been in my arsenal for years. Everything you see here is something I use regularly, if not daily. (Just going through my morning routine after finishing this layout, I realized I'd used seven of the nine items below.) From drugstore standards to a few everyday luxuries, these are my most beloved . . . 


1| Chronic dark circles and the occasional pimple have nothing on Benefit's Boi-ing concealer. (Apply with a good brush and blend by patting gently with your ring finger. I like this tutorial, from a former MAC salesgirl.)

2| These Yes to Cucumbers Hypoallergenic Wipes are so good they've replaced Cetaphil in my daily routine. Extra handy for travel and late nights, too.

3| I've been wearing Chanel Mademoiselle since I was 18 and remain ever-loyal.

4| The holy grail of curly hair care products. Nothing (and I mean NOTHING) whips my hair into shape like Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Gel. If I were stranded on a desert island, I'd want food, water, and this gel.

5| Another staple that's been in my bag since high school, Perfumeria Gal Lip Balm lasts for months. I love the peach flavor.

6| One of the best hand creams I've ever used. Lightweight, silky, and ultra-moisturising, Antipodes Deliverance Kowhai Flower Hand Cream smells like fresh-squeezed orange juice.

7| While I'm not someone that insists on having my nails polished at all times, when I do it's likely one of these three: Essie Cute As A Button (juicy and fresh), Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Glitz Blitz (makes a statement and lasts forever), or Chanel Fall 2011 Collection in Peridot (still stuck on its rare geode quality).

8| A hot bath loaded with Epsom salts is my number one way to de-stress. I usually stock up on generic brands (Target and Walgreens are good), but Dr. Teal's Lavender is a nice treat.

9| Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains last forever and are super easy to apply. I alternate between Desire (a lush pink - just ignore the name!) and Gothic (bright, stop-in-your-tracks red). 


What are some of your tried-and-true favorites?